Consistency in comfort flooring is essential to ensure high comfort and reduced stress levels in dairy cows. High-quality rubber flooring like Huber Technik’s comfort mattress system, provides the right level of soft, yet firm flooring for dairy cows. Consistent comfort for dairy cows means low levels of stress which in turn means high productivity and farm profitability. It is in every farmer’s interest to maximize cow comfort levels to ensure healthy animals, high yield, high fertility and smooth day to day farm operations.
There are many cow mattress solutions available to farmers so what are the key factors you should consider?
At Agri-Comfort, we believe farmers should think of comfort flooring as a long-term investment and the following points should be considered:
- Will it provide the optimum level of comfort required by dairy cows?
- Will the mattress system improve cow lying times?
- Where is the mattress manufactured and does it comply with relevant standards?
- How easy is it to install?
- Is it easy to maintain and clean?
- How long is the system expected to last and does the product have a warranty?
- Will this investment ultimately contribute to good cow health and productivity?
- Are there reference farms? See systems in use and get feedback from other farmers.
Huber Technik is a specialist in livestock comfort flooring. This family-run company was established in 1925 and has been making cow mattress systems since the 1990’s from their facility in Erding Germany. With over 30 years of experience in cow mattress systems, Huber Technik knows what cows like. The product range includes:
- Soft Bed Systems (4GS, 8GS & 8GS Wings): a durable top cover with foam base which is anchored in place with bolts
- N-Series Rolls:
Huber Technik: Comfort, Consistency & Durability with a proven German brand
Huber Technik provides the optimum level of comfort for dairy cows. All products are subject to third-party testing through the DLG with reports available on the Cow Comfort Huber website.
The DLG is a quality mark which is awarded to agricultural products. Products with the mark have successfully passed a DLG usability test according to independent and recognized evaluation criteria.
Huber Technik product is easy to install – it comes in a roll and can be cut to size. This seamless comfort system is easy to maintain and clean. Above all, a 10 year warranty is provided on all Huber Technik products.
Because Huber Technik comfort rolls deliver the optimum comfort levels for dairy cows, lying times are improved along with good cow health and productivity. A consistent high-quality rubber mat/mattress helps the cow to feel safe under foot which reduces stress. Slippery and uneven ground is a stressor to the dairy cow.
Huber Technik product is distributed internationally by Agri-Comfort and our partners and we are proud to say we have virtually zero warranty claims.
Huber Technik at a glance
- Huber Technik products are exclusively made of new unvulcanised tire compound
- Huber processes 100% new rubber and not scrap granules.
- Raw materials undergo stringent quality checks and their quality processes ensure a consistent durable end product designed for cow comfort.
- All Huber Technik products contain high-quality raw materials that provide, among other things, aging resistance and ozone protection. Low priced natural rubber compounds do not contain these stabilizers. When they are exposed to light and air, they can become brittle. Comfort flooring made of natural rubber often contains chalk as a filler to reduce costs.
- Huber Technik is one of the only companies worldwide that produces rubber flooring for cows that is certified PAH free. PAH – Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons are a group of over 100 different chemicals. PAH’s are known for their carcinogenic, mutagenic and teratogenic properties. A cow’s udder comes into contact with rubber only two times: in the milking parlour (which must be PAH free) and while lying down on a mattress. Ensure you’re making the right choice by sourcing certified PAH free rubber from Huber Technik.
- Huber Technik is owned and managed by third and fourth generation family members. It’s been a family business from day one and for nine decades, they have been producing superior quality rubber products.